Pastor John MacArthur preaches on the Theology of creation and ex nihilo. God’s creation of the heavens and the earth involved no prexisting material. He created from nothing. He is the Architect and Creator of all that exists.
- Genesis 3
- “The serpent deceives Eve, 1-5. Both she and Adam transgress the divine command, and fall into sin and misery, 6,7. God arraigns them, 8-13. The serpent is cursed, 14. The promised seed, 15. The punishment of mankind, 16-20. Their first clothing, 21. Their expulsion from paradise, 22-24.”*
- Joshua 5
- “The Canaanites are afraid, 1. Joshua renew circumcision, 2-9. The passover is kept at Gilgal, 10,11. Manna ceases, 12. An Angel appears to Joshua, 13-15.”*
- Joshua 6
- “Jericho is shut up, 1. God instructs Joshua how to besiege it, 2-19. [Marker Warfare-W.1-“Joshua was one of the greatest military strategists in antiquity”] The city is compassed, 12-16, It must be accursed, 17-19. The walls fall down, 20,21. Rahab is saved, 22-25. The builder of Jericho is cursed, 26, 27.”*
- “Secrets of the Bible: The Fall of Jericho with Dr. Bryant Wood”
- Psalm 3
- “The security of God’s protection.”*
- Psalm of the Day 48
- “The ornaments and privileges of the church.”*
- Proverbs 1:10-19
- “To avoid the enticing of sinners.”*
The Gospels & Letters
- Matthew 3
- “John preaches: his office, life, and baptism, 1-6. He reprehends the Pharisees, 7-12, and baptizes Christ in Jordan, 13-17.”*
- Genesis 2
- “The first Sabbath, 1-3. Further particulars concerning the manner of creation, 4-7. The planting of the Garden of Eden, and its situation, 8-12; man is placed in it; and the tree of knowledge only forbidden, 15-17. The animals are named by Adam, 18. The making woman, and the institution of marriage, 21.”*
- Chapter 3: “Joshua comes to Jordan, 1. The officers instruct the people for their passage, 2-6. The Lord encourages Joshua, 7,8. Joshua encourages the people, 9-13. The waters of Jordan are divided.”*
- Chapter 4: “Twelve men are appointed to take twelve stones for a memorial out of Jordan, 1-8. Twelve other stones are set up in the midst of Jordan, 9. The people pass over, 10-13. God magnifies Joshua, 14. The priests commanded to come out of Jordan, 15-19. The twelve stones are pitched in Gilgal, 20-24.
Gospels & Letters
- Matthew 2
- “The wise men from the east enquire after Christ,1,2; at which Herod is alarmed, 3-8. They are directed by a star to Bethlehem, worship him, and offer their presents, 9-12. Joseph flees into Egypt with Jesus and his mother. Herod slays the children, 16-19; himself dies, 20-22. Christ is brought back again into Galilee to Nazareth, 23.”*
- Here’s an excellent clip from the film the Nativity on the wise men.*
- Psalm 2
- “The Kingdom of Christ, 1-9. Kings are exhorted to accept it, 10-12.”*
- Psalm of the Day 24
- God’s lordship in the world, 1,2. The citizens of His spiritual kingdom, 3-6. An exhortation to receive Him, 7-10.
- Proverbs 1:7-9
- “An exhortation to fear God, and believe His word, 7-9.”*
- RA Torrey’s Introduction to the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. Check out “What was the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge? by Fred Sanders on June 2, 2011.
- For more information on The Nativity Story and ordering information. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nativity_Story