- Genesis 1
- “God creates heaven and earth, 1; the light, 3 the firmaments, 6; separates the dry land, 9; forms the sun, moon, and stars 14; fishes and fowls, 20; cattle, wild beasts, and creeping things, 24; creates man in his own image, blesses him, 26; grants the fruits of the earth for food, 29.
- Joshua 1 & 2
- Chapter I: “The Lord appoints Joshua to succeed Moses, 1,2. The borders of the promised land, 3,4. God promises to assist Joshua, 5-7. He gives him instructions, 8, 9. Joshua prepares the people to pass over Jordan, 10,11. He puts the two tribes and half in mind of their promise to Moses, 12-15. They promise him fealty, 16-18.”
- Chapter II: “Rahab receives and conceals the two spies sent from Shittim, 1-7. The covenant between her and them, 8-22. Their return and relation, 23, 24.”
The Gospels & Letters
- Matthew 1
- Chapter 1: “The genealogy of Christ from Abraham to Joseph, 1-17. He is miraculously conceived of the Holy Ghost by the Virgin Mary, when she was espoused to Joseph, and declares the names and office of Christ: Jesus is born, 19-25.
- Psalm 1
- “The happiness of the godly, 1-3. The unhappiness of the ungodly, 4-6.”
- Psalm of the Day 92
- “The kingdom of Christ, 1-9. Kings are exhorted to accept it, 10-12. P
- Proverbs 1:1-6
- “The use of the proverbs.”