- Genesis 2
- “The first Sabbath, 1-3. Further particulars concerning the manner of creation, 4-7. The planting of the Garden of Eden, and its situation, 8-12; man is placed in it; and the tree of knowledge only forbidden, 15-17. The animals are named by Adam, 18. The making woman, and the institution of marriage, 21.”*
- Chapter 3: “Joshua comes to Jordan, 1. The officers instruct the people for their passage, 2-6. The Lord encourages Joshua, 7,8. Joshua encourages the people, 9-13. The waters of Jordan are divided.”*
- Chapter 4: “Twelve men are appointed to take twelve stones for a memorial out of Jordan, 1-8. Twelve other stones are set up in the midst of Jordan, 9. The people pass over, 10-13. God magnifies Joshua, 14. The priests commanded to come out of Jordan, 15-19. The twelve stones are pitched in Gilgal, 20-24.
Gospels & Letters
- Matthew 2
- “The wise men from the east enquire after Christ,1,2; at which Herod is alarmed, 3-8. They are directed by a star to Bethlehem, worship him, and offer their presents, 9-12. Joseph flees into Egypt with Jesus and his mother. Herod slays the children, 16-19; himself dies, 20-22. Christ is brought back again into Galilee to Nazareth, 23.”*
- Here’s an excellent clip from the film the Nativity on the wise men.*
- Psalm 2
- “The Kingdom of Christ, 1-9. Kings are exhorted to accept it, 10-12.”*
- Psalm of the Day 24
- God’s lordship in the world, 1,2. The citizens of His spiritual kingdom, 3-6. An exhortation to receive Him, 7-10.
- Proverbs 1:7-9
- “An exhortation to fear God, and believe His word, 7-9.”*
- RA Torrey’s Introduction to the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. Check out “What was the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge? by Fred Sanders on June 2, 2011.
- For more information on The Nativity Story and ordering information. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nativity_Story